Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hands in, drool out

I first discovered my hands a couple of weeks back, and now I am downright fascinated with them!

I spend lots of time watching and examining them, putting them in my mouth, and trying to suck on them. I sometimes even spit out my favorite pacifier, just to make space in my mouth for my hands!

It may seem that I am becoming a bit obsessed with my newly discovered digits, but this form of self-comfort is sometimes very soothing for me. Which, on the other hand, gives my parents a little break, too.

My salivary glands have been working since I was still in utero, but now you may notice that I have also started to drool. That is why I am producing more saliva than I can swallow and I am putting everything in my mouth, beside my hands. This doesn't mean that I am teething just yet, although I may sprout my first tooth in the incoming weeks. Most babies do that between 4 and 7 months of age.

No comments: