Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Taksirat 10

Last weekend my mom and dad took me to an event called “Taksirat”. As I understood, this is a music festival to which my parents are very loyal, for the past 10 years! They haven’t missed a single concert of this festival since 1999.

So they took me to this huge dark Skopje Fair hall, full of people drinking beer and strange looks on their faces…. I was feeling a little bit confused in my mom’s belly, especially when she started to jump and excitedly dance, making very strange moves with her legs!

I saw then my dad making even more funny moves and steps that my mom! Later on I figured out that it was the dance move typical for a music genre called “ska”, my mom’s and dad’s favorite music! And it was happening on the concert of Nevil Staple, ex member of “The Specials”, one of my parent’s favorite ska bands, and even more on the performance of “Superhiks”, the best Macedonian ska band, partly consisted of fathers of some of my friends waiting for me out there, in the outer world!

I was also learned about what is punk and what is hip-hop, who were “The Ramones”, who are “The Roots”, and so on. However, I enjoyed that crazy night dancing and jumping in my mom’s belly for almost 5 hours. But I know that this would not be possible without the help of my “bodyguards” – my dad and my blond aunt Maca. Thanks, guys!

No comments: