Wednesday, December 17, 2008

29 weeks: Dancing, dancing, dancing..

This is day number 203 and I am 29 weeks “old”! I have 77 days or 11 weeks left, and am 72.5% of the way there.

I now weigh about 1.2 kilos (like a butternut squash) and am a tad over 38 cm long from head to heel. My muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and my head is growing bigger to make room for my developing brain. To meet my increasing nutritional demands, my mom will now need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because my bones are soaking up lots of calcium, she must drink lots of milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

I am also very active now. I am kicking, stretching and dancing all the time. My kicks are so strong that they can be seen it from outside!

No comments: