Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

This is day number 254 and I am 36 weeks! My due date is 4th of March, I have 26 days or 4 weeks left, and I am 90.7% of the way there.

I am still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. Theoretically I now weigh almost 2.7 kgs, like a Crenshaw melon. God, my dad is anxiously desperate for the summer to come and we to gorge ourselves on his favorite fruit – her sweetness the Melon.

However, as the day before yesterday we went to the doctor whose face shall be one of the first I am to see upon birth, his own diagnosis surmounted the limit of three kilograms, him being even confident that I am almost 3.2 kg! This got my dad upset a bit as he is still doing exercises (popularly known as 'се билда') with funny 30 kgs, since my current weight is promising one leading to me being healthy even 4kg baby, the birth weight of my both parents combined.

I am now 46 cm long. And I am shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered my body as well as the vernix caseosa ("Que?!?"), the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. ("Oh, thaaat!") I swallow both of these substances ("Ghaaagh!'), along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement. In other simpler words that we all can understand: "It's getting shitty tight and anticipating in here".

At the end of this week, I will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) I am definitely in a head-down position. Thus spoke our doctor and his instrument two days ago.

Otherwise I had great weekend hanging around with my dad's guests and friends, and my own buddies: Kalin, Marko, Prohor, aaandd Jakov, who's much older. It was my dad's 31st birthday. However, it is a pity Jana did not show up. I know it was with good reason. Although I shall not treat such an absence on my own birthdays! :)

I hope to see my cousins this weekend I spend some time with them. Tomorrow my aunt Hrisitina is coming from faaar away – Austria. Can't wait to chat with her as I have not done so for some 4-5 months now. She only knows me as veeery small. :)

Well, guys, 4 weeks to go. Fasten ye patience, and …

No comments: