Thursday, February 26, 2009

39 weeks down, 1 to go!

I have a great position and I am ready to get out of my mom’s belly. Oh, I am so anxious to greet the world as soon as possible!

I continue to build a layer of fat to help control my body temperature after birth, although it's likely I already measure about 50 cm and weigh a bit over 3.2 kilos, like a small watermelon. The outer layers of my skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

Today is day number 274 and I am weeks pregnant. I have 6 days or 1 week left, and I am 97.9% of the way there. In other words: 39 weeks down, and (according to mom’s doctor, not less than) one week to go…

I decided to listen to the doctor. If not a week, I will for sure try not to come out for two more days, because tomorrow is a big day for my parents and especially for my dad: he will become a Master tomorrow!!! And not just any kind of master, but Master of Arts, i.e. he will (I know for sure) successfully defend his master thesis in the field of communications.

The title of the thesis (although very long and at first look a bit confusing) is “Semiotic as an adequate theoretical-methodological model in the research of processes of creating of meaning at advertisements, focused on advertising teasers”. In simpler words, it is a pretty interesting research of teasers in advertising, something that no one has made before my dad. Which makes me even more proud!

Thumbs up, dad!!!

No comments: