Tuesday, September 30, 2008

18 weeks

This is day number 126 and I am 18 weeks now! I have 154 days or 22 weeks left, and I am 45.0% of the way there!

Head to rump, I am about 14 cm long (about the length of a bell pepper, but hopefully I am not as idiotic in taste and conduct as that DJ named after this other wise great dolma container) and I weigh almost 200 grams. I am busy flexing my arms and legs, doing daily exercises of revolving and taking 'looong' walks through my mums belly — movements that my mom started noticing this week and will notice more and more in the weeks ahead. So move MA! You Gotta Move I Move I!

My blood vessels are visible through my thin skin, but nowadays everything is visible with proper equipment. My ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from my head a bit and make me look 'klapush'. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around my nerves, a process that will continue for a year after I am born. If I am a girl, my uterus (the home of the future generations) and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If I am a boy, my genitals are noticeable now. But I skillfully concealed my sex, or gender or 'pojeo/pojela' membership from my parents and their doctor during the ultrasound we had yesterday. The doc is suspecting my gender, my mom and dad too. It ultimately amasing to have sooo many suspicious minds and but two genders to suspect in, isn't it?





My mom is often hungry these days. An increase in appetite is pretty common now. My father is thinking of finding a way to feed her in sleep so she would spend more time kissing her awake. In the respect of the former, bigger, more comfortable clothes are a must now as her appetite and waistline grow. My male parent, so to say, offerd her his old baggy clothes but she kindly refused to be turned into ragged 'mashkudanka'.

Her cardiovascular system is undergoing dramatic changes, and during this trimester her blood pressure is lower than usual. That is the reason why my mom feels a little dizzy when she springs up too fast from a lying or sitting position. Now take this 'too fast' relatively. It is not with the speed of light but it is neither as fast as a shit-scared, eloping, houseless tortoise. But luckily my dad is here to 'boost' her pressure up with his incidents.

I already told you about my uncle Henkjan. Maybe I forgot to mention my 'caught' aunt Maca ('caught' = try to find a better translation of 'fatena'), who accompanied us on our Matka trip. The same day we had my great-uncle and great-aunt coming over. They are one of the coolest both persons and couples on planet, the coolness of which is so great for it to be even half covered and accounted for on a whole site, let not speak of a single blog post.

Then we visited the doctor who was jovially whistling all the time he was cheking me out, so my parents say since I was sleeping throughout the visit. Then my mom tried to counterfeit her weigh and I got up to see what the laughter was all about.

Oh! Nearly forgot, I met a super cool uncle – Face who would be probably better described by my mom. And I was also interviewed by the Slovenian Embassy official as I will be traveling to Slovenia next month. Yeayh! And I will also be going to London next month. I know that I shall not know or remember a shhhhh, but I am more than certain that all that will be properly documented by our camera and later on narativised by my father's wit.





No comments: