Thursday, September 11, 2008

My sex is still a mystery

My sex is still a mystery, but I am sexy any way.

This is day number 107 and I am 15 weeks now! I have 173 days or 25 weeks left, and I am 37.5% of the way there.

I now measure about 10 cm long, crown to rump, and weigh in at about 70 grams. Thus I am about a size of an apple: Ich been ein struddle mastraaf now!

I am busy moving amniotic fluid through my nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in my lungs begin to develop. My dad says I should be careful what I move around through my nostrils as to avoid sniffing my life away as the eerie-looking, palm-falling, skin-shrunk old rock star from the photo he is trying to show. By now you’ve by far realized that my old man is not an ordinary, normal man. I hope I have my mum’s genes. My legs are growing longer than my arms now, and I can move all of my joints and limbs, so I can dance, dance and dance. Though my male parent is suspicious about the prospect of a male ballet dancer.

Although my eyelids are still fused shut, I can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at my mom’s tummy, for instance, I am likely to move away from the beam, so do not pull those reflectors at me or turn the luminosity down.

There's not much for me to taste at this point, but I am forming taste buds which present the utmost pleasure for my dad who is convinced that he will be the sensei-guidance on my path to full nutritious formation and culmination. He is eager for us to have started although he well knows that milk and ‘kashicki’ will be on my menu for months.

Finally, if my mom would have an ultrasound this week, they may be able to find out whether I am a boy or a girl! But she is not. So I guess my sex will remain a mystery, at least for the next 3 weeks, until my next ultrasound! Oh God! (Though I still have no concept of it.) I can imagine my father with a magnifying glass, playing gender Holmes, looking at my mum’s stomach for the answer of the mystery. Ah! He can be silly at times.

Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery even longer, though. Nailing down my sex, (my dad again protests against the use of such heavily connotationally burdened expression as “nail down”), depends on the clarity of the picture and on my position in my mom’s tummy. I may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.", and GOOD they shall be.

This week I went to the doctor who said that everything is fine with my mum, hence with me. Then I also participated in a climbing expedition to Golem Korab, and for all you heretics, I have a proof. HA! Then I visited one of my grand mums and aunts, and goofied around with my older cousin, which is soooo nice and well, properly mannered. My little cousin seemed bit nervous, but it will grow out of him. This week I will be attending two birthday parties, those of my eager-to-meet friends Kalin and Marko. And I hope I will not again serve as an excuse for my mum to have an extra large piece of cake. Though my dad after the last doctor’s visit is so shitty overwhelmed that he is willing to ‘popushtiti’ and let my mum have all sweets she likes.

Oh! And my dad is sorry for the delayed post.

1 comment:

Mogly said...

Thanks, Anastácio!
Hugs from Macedonia! :)