Thursday, October 9, 2008

Talk to me, sing to me….

This is day number 135 and I am 19 weeks! I have 145 days or 21 weeks left, and I am 48.2% of the way there.
I weigh about 250 grams and measure about 15 cm, head to bottom, and I am about a size of a large heirloom tomato. My arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of my body now. My kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on my scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on my skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

My sensory development is exploding! My brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that I may be able to hear my parents voices now, so mom, dad, don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to me more often, or singing me a happy tune.
And regarding my mom…Think she is big now? She’ll start growing even faster in the weeks to come! Extra estrogen and temporary pigment increase is causing changing in her skin: hand palms becoming redder, patches of darkened skin appear, and so on. But the most important change in her life is the fact that she finally started to feel my kicks! I am stretching and kicking, and she finally feels that, especially when she decides to lay down, have a rest, or go to sleep!

No comments: