Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My 3D sonograms

Yesterday my mom and dad took me to Dr. Gordana P. Petrovska in the special gynecological hospital “Mala Bogorodica-Sistina”, who has scanned me on a 4D ultrasound device. It is an ultrasound technique used during pregnancy, providing three dimensional images of the fetus. Then these images are being captured rapidly and animated to produce a "4D ultrasound". 4D Ultrasounds take 3D ultrasound images, or 3D sonograms, and adds the element of time to the process. The result is - live action ultrasound images of me!

The doctor measured me and confirmed that I weigh about 700 grams and that I am about 34 cm long. She also examined me fully and confirmed that I am developing just fine! Although I am a very dynamic baby and I move and kick a lot, yesterday when we entered the hospital, I fell asleep right away. Dr. Petrovska couldn’t wake me up for half an hour, so I didn’t let her see my right hand clearly, because it was stuck under my head…

Here are some sonograms ("still-shot" pictures taken from me during the ultrasound) from yesterday’s 4D ultrasound scanning. You can clearly see my portrait, and even count the toes of my right foot! Isn’t it amazing?

1 comment:

Mogly said...

Thanks, Lucy. I'll try get back to regular posting ;)