Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My adorable toothless smiles…

I love to be held, caressed, kissed, stroked, massaged, and carried. I even make an "ah" sound when I hear the voice of mom or dad, or when I see their faces, and I'll be eager to find them in a crowd.

I gurgle, coo, grunt, and hum – that way I express my feelings. And I smile a lot too. I reward my parents’ loving care with a beaming, toothless, just-for-them grin. They coo and gurgle back, and talk to me face to face. This makes their hearts melt, even if they've just had their worst night yet. Nothing else matters to them than my smile!

When my mom has things to do, I enjoy hearing her voice from across the room. She is talking to me silly motherese or baby talk, and I am attuned to this high-pitched, drawn-out way of communicating. My dad is also talking, narrating and singing to me, and I enjoy our conversation so much, that I may even start to chime in with my comments. When I am disturbed or I have some tummy pain, I relax and fall asleep from dad’s stories and songs on his chest.

I am proud to say that my neck muscles are getting stronger, which allows me to hold my head up for short periods. In the beginning of the third week I could already support it for a few moments while lying on the stomach, for example, and I could even turn it from side to side.

No comments: